Meet The Spatuzzo Team
Meet the team behind the Spatuzzo spaces. From our directors through to our apprentices — every member of our team plays an essential role in your project.
Matthew Spatuzzo – Director
Our Director, Matt has 33 years experience under his construction belt. He received his start as an apprentice carpenter in a family of Italian builders. He’s developed, reviewed, and implemented a range of building and construction processes that guarantee a smooth, secure, and accountable transition of your project.
He’s highly experienced in generating and developing new projects with his business acumen, broad industry knowledge, and communication skills. This allows Matt to engage potential clients by marketing our points of difference, positive reputation, and our proven track record in our clients to date.
From smaller residential renovations to major commercial works, Matt has it covered. He oversees all of our projects personally and takes a great deal of pride in the work we produce. You’ll meet Matt at your on-site consultation and he’ll work with you throughout to ensure you’re happy and every single detail is perfect.
Qualifications, Certificates & Tickets
- Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction
- Work Health and Safety Cert IV
- FIT Respirator Testing/Report
- Provide First Aid HLTAID003
- Provide Basic Emergency Life Support HLTAID002
- Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation HLTAID001
- Working Safely at Heights RIIWHS204D (2019)
- Building and Construction White Card CPCCWHS1001
- Master Builders Electrical Tagging and Testing
- Master Builders Business Management Course
When Matt manages to sneak away from the business for a few days… he’ll be:
- Fishing & Boating
- Travelling within Australia
- On a 4WD adventure
Karen Spatuzzo – Operations Manager
Karen is the responsible for all the organisational needs of the company. From being your key point of contact to ensuring the safety of each team member, client, and stakeholder. Bringing a wealth of nursing and OHS experience with her, Karen ensures the safety and quality of each project.
Organising contracts, contractors, staff, and all development and training aspects of our business, Karen is the go-to in the company. Regularly attending Master Builders conferences and workshops for business management and OHS.
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Diploma of Business
- Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety
- Safety documentation
- Contracts administration
- Project timeline management
- Meeting coordination and support
- Telephone enquiries
- Onsite education with staff about health strategies on the job site
When Karen isn’t managing your project to perfection she’s:
- Spending time with family
- Travelling and caravanning
- Walking in the outdoors
- Looking after her dogs
Ready to build?